Fitness Gear That Motivates Me & a Challenge
My relationship with the gym could be described as dysfunctional. I love the way I feel when I am there and in the hours after. The problem? Getting there. Some days, I just want to stay in bed. Most days, I want to go directly home after work (remember, that introvert thing I told you about?) and wind down. I have found the way to solve this problem is with products and gear. I already told you about my favorite protein powder. Other Mshell must-haves?
1. Fitbit HR This sucker is amazing. I’ve had several fitness trackers (Jawbone, BodyBugg) but this one takes the cake. It tracks my heart rate all day (ever seen what your heart rate does while you’re presenting? Wicked!), it tracks the steps and flights of stairs you take. Want to see how you sleep? Yep, it does it. My favorite feature is probably the challenge function within the mobile app. You can add friends who also have the wristband and enter challenges with them. My favorite challenge buddies are Bailey and Leah. It motivates us and pushes us to reach out goals. A little healthy competition never hurt anyone.
2. Sneakers. Lots and lots of sneakers. I have 11 pairs. I, personally, don’t think that’s too many, but my best pal, Watson, thought it would be funny to try to stop me from purchasing 2 new pairs a few weeks ago. Guess who won that battle? Hmph. I can’t say that I have a favorite brand, but Nike, Brooks (have you seen the throw back collection? Obsessed) and Mizuno top the list. My least favorite? New Balance.
3. Music. If you are not jamming out, you are not doing it right. I use Spotify. I do have lists that I’ve created on my own, but I love tapping into their curated lists. My friend, Kevin Keller, told me about a great one called Night Run. I highly recommend it.
4. I love, love, love my Polar Heart Rate monitor and would never workout without one. Do you know how many people go to the gym and never get in the right heart rate zone? Nonsense.
5. I get the majority of my workout pants from Fabletics. The fit is amazing and the compression of the pants make the booty look great! I’m not in love with the tops/sports bras – but that’s mostly because I don’t think they are made well for the busty gals. If you’re thinking about signing up, you can get your first outfit for 50% off. Use my referral link here
How do you motivate yourself to work out?
Oh, and a challenge – do something active for at least 30 minutes every day this week and report back to me here. I just joined the new LA Fitness in Winston, so I’ll be sure to master this challenge, too! Happy Tuesday!