A Girl and Her Grill: Grilled Jalapeño Potato Salad
I made this salad as part of my Independence day cookout and I am here to beg you to try it. For serious! I do not love traditional potato salads….forget the mayo. Mustard? No way, man. Best part? It’s super easy.
Here’s all you need:
- about 2 lbs potatoes (I used red baby potatoes)
- 2-3 green onions
- apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- wash and cut potatoes in half. Boil for 10 minutes
- mix salt, pepper, cumin, vinegar and yogurt together for the dressing.
- pre-heat grill to high heat
- toss potatoes in olive oil and place in grill pan
- grill for 12-15 minutes
- at the same time, char the jalapenos.
- chop cilantro and green onions and toss with potatoes and dressing
Now, I made a few changes this time around. I joined Hatchery last month. If you’re not familiar, it’s a monthly tasting box subscription. It’s amazing so far. This month’s box included a cilantro cottonseed oil from Acala and a fabulous habanero sauce from Formosa. So, in the recipe above I sub’d the olive oil and cilantro for the Acala oil and added a tablespoon of the Formosa to the dressing. It was a good move!
Whether you have these products or not, this is one recipe you should make very soon. It’s good warm or chilled. What are some other ways you’ve grilled your potatoes?