Roasted Shishito Peppers
I went to the beach this past weekend with my best friends – Anna, Watson and Watson’s kiddos + my pup, Winston. Girls’ beach weekend is a tradition 3 years running and hopefully it’s one that will continue for many years to come. It’s a low-key weekend with lots of good food (Anna and I both love to cook), girly movies and tv shows and laughter.
We cooked tons of food over the weekend, but one of my favorites was the roasted shishito peppers I made Friday and Saturday night. Shishito peppers are so good, slightly sweet with only 1 in 10 peppers being super spicy. It’s like getting a little surprise when you find the spicy one. Here’s the skinny:
- Rinse them, duh.
- preheat the broiler to high
- toss the peppers in a bit of EVOO and a nice flaky salt.
- broil for 7-10 minutes, just long enough to get them nice and blistered.
- toss in browned butter, minced garlic and lime juice
- dip them in soy sauce and enjoy! (don’t forget to discard the stem)
My pal, Watson, sent over another recipe that I can’t wait to try – Blistered Shishito Peppers + Smoky White Cheddar Aioli. I’ll let you know how it goes!